The Pizza Screen
#1 Cooking Tip - Use a Pizza Screen. You'll love it.
Why a Pizza Screen?
A Pizza Screen is the absolute best way to bake Etalia's fresh dough in your home oven. Because it's a screen and not a solid surface, it allows hot air to circulate underneath the dough to bake it through and crisp up the crust. You truly will not believe the difference a pizza screen makes.
Just place your FROZEN pizza dough on the screen, top it, and pop it in the oven. It's lightweight and so it's easy to handle, unlike a big, hot, heavy pizza stone. You will absolutely love using a screen.
If you don't have a screen yet, simply place your frozen pizza on the white square parchment paper included in each box, then place paper with pizza on oven rack.
For a crispy, but a bit softer crust, you can use the white square parchment paper on the pizza screen. The screen makes it super simple to put your pizza in and take it out of the oven.
How to Season Your Pizza Screen
- Simply brush or rub the screen with vegetable oil and bake it at 350° for 30 minutes. Avocado oil is good one to use because it has a high smoke point. You can also use safflower oil or sunflower oil.
- Let it cool, then repeat one or two more times.
- The first time you use the screen after you season it, brush or rub it with some olive oil. After that, you’ll be good to go.
Where to Get a Pizza Screen
Make sure to get at least a 14” diameter screen to fit your Etalia pizza.
- On Our Website: When you order pizza here on our website, just add a Pizza Screen to your cart.
- On Amazon.com: click here
- Your Local Restaurant Supply Store: Just do an online search to find one near you.