The Pizza Screen
Use a Pizza Screen. You'll love it.
Why a Pizza Screen?
A pizza screen gets your crust nice and crispy. The mesh design allows hot air to circulate underneath the dough to bake it through and crisp up the crust.
It’s also nice and light, making it super simple to take your pizza in and out of the oven.
You won’t believe the difference a screen makes. You’ll love it.
Note: For a crispy, but softer crust, use the square parchment paper (included in box) with the screen.
How to Season Your Pizza Screen
- Simply brush the screen with oil and bake it at 350° for 30 minutes. You can use olive oil, avocado oil (good because it has a high smoke point), safflower oil, or sunflower oil.
- Let it cool, then repeat one or two more times.
- As you bake more pizzas on your screen, over time, it will turn dark brown/black just like a cast iron skillet.
- Do not wash your screen. It will remove the oil seasoning and your pizza will stick. If you do want to "clean it", simply rinse it with water and let it air dry.
Where to Get a Pizza Screen
Make sure to get at least a 14” diameter screen to fit your Etalia pizza.
- Our Website: When you order the Nudo Pizza Dough
- On Amazon.com: click here
- Your Local Restaurant Supply Store: Just do an online search to find one near you